Here’s the link to a Skill-Capped article on the “ideal” composition.
Guess what? Our “red group” team really doesn’t match up. But just last night we easily won Deepwind Gorge with a strategy that would maximize the value of this type of composition. Here’s what we did at center mine:
- We only had melee on that center island near the flag.
- We had all of the healers and casters behind us and just in range of the flag.
- We paired up our healers with a caster that would help peel for each other.
- We would only attack enemy players that overextended and tried to cap the flag or get behind our melee and attack our casters.
- We normally weren’t targeting healers. Instead, we were draining their mana by putting big damage into their overextended DPS.
- Once they were low on mana we then extended and killed their DPS.
- Boring for me defending the flag but a very effective strategy.
We used similar positioning in other battlegrounds very effectively, including Twin Peaks.