AdiButtonAuras allows you to track buffs and debuffs (also known as “auras”) by overlaying the relevant information on top of your actionbar buttons, like this:
As a general rule:
- Red border (known as “bad” highlight) means a dot on your target with the text showing the dot’s duration
- Green border (known as “good” highlight) means a beneficial effect on yourself or a friendly target with the number meaning duration or number of stacks . If the spell has both, duration will be on the left while stacks will be on the right .
However, there are special cases!
Crowd control abilities display the duration of all debuffs within the same diminishing returns category.
Some spells like Warlocks’ Havoc have custom rules, e.g. red when you target the enemy affected by Havoc (to remember notto attack that target) and green when you target any other enemy.
Other classes have custom rules as well.
AdiButtonAuras will also show special events.
By making your buttons sparkle, much like the default UI does, only better!
- It will make interrupt spells sparkle and display how long you have to interrupt
- It will show a hint when to use certain abilities like Soul Reaper under 35% hp
- Inform you when there is a buff you can purge from an enemy
- Or show you there is a debuff that you can dispel and its duration