BY // OCTOBER 3, 2017
Updated to reflect the changes made in the most recent patch.
Here you will find a strong representation of the current metagame from a EU point of view. That being said, this view should closely mirror meta games throughout all regions.
This list was generated using a rankings system modified by Rank 1 and Blizzcon players. Contributors to this list include Zunniyaki (Multi Blizzcon competitor/EU Regionals winner), Loony (Blizzcon champion), Joefernandes (Blizzcon champion), Wallirikz, Zeepeye, Dakkroth, Mystic and many more.
All specs have been assigned to a tier based on the comps available to them and not necessarily because of their power alone.
S TIER – DOMINANT
- Windwalker Monk + Frost Death Death Knight + Resto Shaman/Holy Paladin
- Windwalker Monk + Affliction/Destruction Warlock + Resto Shaman
PROS: Powerful sustained damage against cloth/leather and burst against all classes, mortal strike effect, high mobility, very disruptive
CONS: Sustained damage output very reliant on the armor type of their opponents
- Frost Death Knight + Windwalker Monk + Holy Paladin/Resto Shaman
- Shadowcleave (Frost Death Knight + Destruction Warlock + Holy Paladin/Resto Shaman)
PROS: Powerful sustained and burst damage, very disruptive
CONS: Must manage runes to properly balance self-healing and damage output, relatively immobile, easily trainable
A TIER – STRONG
- Havoc Demon Hunter + Arms Warrior + Resto Druid
- Thundercleave (Arms Warrior + Elemental Shaman + Resto Druid)
- Arms Warrior + Demonology/Affliction Warlock + Resto Druid/Resto Shaman
- TSG (Arms Warrior + Unholy/Frost Death Knight + Holy Paladin/Mistweaver Monk/Resto Druid/Resto Shaman)
PROS: Incredible pressure through raw damage and healing reductions, highly mobile with proper management of mobility CDs
CONS: Often forced to play in defensive stance, still susceptible to swaps while in Battle Stance