GET THIS! I am now using the REPorter battleground map. I leave mine open in the bottom right of my screen and can easily see my team locations and who is in combat. It includes icons to call incoming enemy players.
LiteAssist (not for healers): allows you to select the target caller and see who they’re attacking.
An alternative to Recount with some interesting additional features. For example, if I’m the target caller in a RBG I use the Target Caller addin to see who puts the most damage into the same target that I am. Time Attack lets you set specific time frames for testing on training dummies.
A good way to track final score estimation, node timers and many other key events.
Class Announcer: “When you change target, if the targetted unit is an enemy player, the addon will announce the class of that player. Can be useful in battlegrounds as quick confirmation of a player class without having to look down at the tooltip”.
Show the PvP stat multipliers on your tooltips.
Allows you to create talent profiles and use 1 button to switch between them.
Audio and visual display of target’s defensive cooldowns.
Here’s the macro, using a warrior’s Stormbolt as an example:
/cast [mod,@target] Stormbolt
/cast [@focustargetfocustarget, exists][@focus,exists] Stormbolt
Here’s what each line does:
Line 1:Show the Stormbolt graphic when you put the macro on your action bar
Line 2: If you press any modifier key,such as CTRL or ALT, it will cast Stormbolt at your target
Line 3 is where it gets fun:
If you partner with another player or two you can decide on who will start the crowd control chain. For example, warrior starts the chain with a Stormbolt (CC class: Stun), then the hunter will Freezing Trap (Incapacitate), followed by the druid using Cyclone (Disorient). This allows you to use three crowd control abilities on the same target without any diminishing returns (e.g., using CCs of the same class too soon will result in short duration CCs).
Here’s how you would use the macro to make this easier.
- The hunter and druid set their focus to the warrior.
- The warrior then would set the enemy player they want to CC as their focus.
- Anytime the hunter or druid hits their macro they will automatically be using their crowd control on the warrior’s focus target.
- The warrior can change focus targets at any time and the hunter and druid would not need to worry about changing their focus.
In battlegrounds, you could use this with a single partner just as well.
I use the LoseControl add-on to show me when the focus target is about to come out of crowd control. I am considering using the TellMeWhen addon to do that. It can be set up to give you a sound or even a voice notification to use your crowd control.
Want some help maximizing your DPS? Check out this video
People actually post their rotations for others to download and import for their own toons.
Here’s a few links:
I use TMW to track things like enemy combat rogue’s red buff and when key cooldowns become available again.
An addon for many classes focused on an improved DPS rotation. Unlike TellMeWhen, you can’t customize it to your preferences.
- BattlegroundTargets: organizes the enemy unit frames for easier target switching
- Set target of target to on
- Healers Have To Die
- Gnosis: only way I can see enemy casts and interrupt them
- LiteAssist (not for healers): allows you to select the target caller and see who they’re attacking.
Setting up LiteAssist:
- Go to Game Menu and select Key Bindings
- Scroll down until you get to the LiteAssist section
- Bind a key to set your target as assist (e.g., shift-F)
- Bind a key to set your mouseover as assist (e.g., ctrl-F)
- Bind a key to target your assist target (e.g., F)
Before entering battle target your target caller and press shift-F. You will get a notification message.
Press F during the fight and you’ll automatically be hitting the correct target.
You don’t have to use F. Set up any keybind you’d like.